Ancient villa of the Lucchesia
Villa Nardi is placed on the eastern slope at the feet of Mount “alle Croci”, a few km south from Lucca, in the village of Massa Pisana. Probably the villa developed on an older building attributed to the period between the end of the 14th and the beginning of the 15th century. In the first part of the 16th century it belonged to the Sergiusti family, then it passed to the Rinaldi family which owned it until 1782. In the first part of the 16th century important restorations of the building were made by Antonio Rinaldi (a solicitor active in Lucca from 1520 to 1571), and during the second half of the 18th century, by Gerolamo Rinaldi, who made substantial changes both to the villa either to the gardens. In 1782 the property was purchased by the marquis Aurelio Mansi, ambassador of the Republic of Lucca at Vienna. After some passages, in 1839 Trivellini-Simoncini family became the new owners and, from them, the currently owners bought the villa and its agricultural property in 1969; they made a conservative restoration of the building and its gardens as we can see nowadays.